SOUTH AFRICAN PASSPORT HOLDERS TO QUALIFY FOR GENERAL SKILLS VISA
Working as part of a team in the factory, your duties may include a mixture of slaughtering, boning, cutting, general butchery work, trimming operations, machine operations, packing and other general factory associated duties to customer specification.
Whilst undertaking this role you must ensure you comply with food safety, legality, quality and health and safety at all times.
- De-bone and trim carcases and trim primals to the required customer specifications
- Remove primal cuts from carcase cuts following the correct cutting lines and seams
- Ensure any bones removed are as “clean” as possible Cut, trim and prepare meat cuts to specific meat and industry specification at the appropriate
- production speeds
- Ensure that sliced, chopped and jointed cuts of meat are in the correct containers and are properly sealed with the correct vacuum and gas settings
- Slaughter livestock performing precision tasks including stunning, legging, bunging, rodding, splitting saw, sticking, flanking, removal of skin, evisceration, weighing of carcase, quality control of carcase, cleaning carcase, hide removal and processing, removal of internal organs,
- Cut, trim, skin, sort and wash viscera of slaughtered animals to separate edible portions from offal, surplus fat, rind and other ‘waste’ material
- Set-up of machines, maintain the flow of product through the machine to meet production speeds, set seal times and gas settings to match tray sizes and product being produced, ensure metal detection of product, Weighing, packing and labelling of food items
- Preparing meat for storage in line with stock rotation, required temperatures, traceability standards and correct product dressing
- Despatching of product
- Proper use and storage of issued PPE, including knives
- Maintaining health, safety and hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules andregulations.
- Work in other roles which would not normally be in your charge in order to ensure that all departments are covered for holidays, absences and busy periods
- Continuously develop and undertake training throughout the department as and when required
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all duties are completed
- Team Skills
- Where knife work is being undertaken, you will be expected to possess the relevant skill and aptitude for the role. (knife safety induction training must be carried out before commencement of knife work)
- Where machinery work is being undertaken, you will be expected to be proficient in the use of all relevant machinery and tools that are required to fulfil the role. This includes the use of saws, cutting equipment, vacuum packing equipment etc.
- Be able to use your initiative
- Be Flexible
- A clear knowledge and understanding of stringent product specifications
- Conform to Company Policies and Procedures
- Be prepared to train and develop your skills
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures
The successful applicants must have a sufficient level of English and an up to date Police Clearance Certificate and a valid passport.
Career Level: Experienced: Non-Managerial
The employer may aid in accommodation and flight cost.
Standard Working Week: 39 hours
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV directly onto our website at https://www.thelabouroffice.com/recruitment/
If not contacted
within 14 days after submitting your application, please consider
your application unsuccessful.